Saturday, January 3, 2009

A great way to start the year! Happy 2009!

I had a great day on January 1, 2009. It started out as just another day for me (I don't understand all this New Year hoopla), but then we loaded up the car with my tracking gear and treats and we went tracking!!

We met my friend Niamh and her person Barbara on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus, and Barbara and Sandi laid tracks for us. Even though classes were out and offices were closed for the holiday, there were people walking and pushing strollers through campus.
















My track started on grass and moved onto shredded mulch, then turned onto a brick sidewalk and followed the sidewalk down the side of a big building, then turned again through more mulch and grass - to the final article. It is a very beautiful place, but not as many squirrels as I remembered from other times - bummer.




Tracking is my very favorite thing to do. I'm lucky to have found something that I love to do, and am good at doing. Barbara took some photos of us (she's very smart and brings her camera!) Thanks Barbara! Niamh had a fun time tracking, too. Check out her blog "Setter Tails."


2 comments:

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hi Ayla, nice to meet you! Thanks for visiting our bloggy and signing our guest book, we do love to have new friends!
Tracking looks like fun....we think we might be quite good at it if we could control our urge to chase wildlife!!
Slobbers xx

Niamh said...

Glad Sandi finally got around to updating your blog for you. That New Year's Day tracking was great fun and very distracting! I am sure that we will have many more tracking and drill team adventures that our people will need to document on our blogs.

Happy 2009!
Your friend,
Niamh